January 17, 2019
As a transgender woman, I am very impressed and grateful with the work the NCTE does. I was very excited to see that you’re looking for a digital strategist. For the last 10 years, I’ve worked hands-on in the marketing industry, managing digital projects for clients such as Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and many others.
I have worked in several capacities during these projects, including but not limited to:
- Implementing and managing a kanban system for human systems.
- Capturing analytics and generating reports
- Analyzing user behavior
- Optimizing email sign up lists
- Optimizing workflow
- Implementing standards for code maintainability and quality assurance
- Creating internal and external documents on processes.
The Charles NYC
Front-end Developer, December 2013 — Present
The Charles NYC is a creative studio in the heart of NYC. As a developer, I’ve led projects for some of the world’s biggest brands including Wall Street Journal, Intel, Netflix, and Bloomberg.
- Managed development teams, planned projects, delegated tasks and roles
- Closely worked with project managers to meet project deadlines and deliver on promises to clients
- Prioritized and managed multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines
- Crafted clean, precise browser-compatible code for websites and apps
- Developed user flows, allowing clients to feature content more effectively
- Advocated user experience best practices, with a focus on consistency and usability
- Prepared sites by installing and configuring server software
- Built maintainable, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Rolled out and scaled new websites that integrate consumer marketing and social media
- Optimized code and assets for maximum speed and scalability
Junior Developer, 2008-2009
Creative Director, 2011-2013
Spacemaids began known as Spotless Home and Business. Our goal was to create the friendliest, most technologically-advanced maid service on the market. We achieved that through office innovation and automation through an online client portal.
- Developed websites and applications to improve internal and external client systems
- Worked with teams to delegate tasks and meet short deadlines
- Developed an online booking engine for a maid service
- Worked with marketing teams to create new initiatives and campaigns
- Designed brand
- Wrote copy and determined brand tone
- Innovated office systems
- Worked with print team to design print materials within specified parameters
Transmit is a media platform that discusses transgender news and issues. It was built to show pride and increase the visibility of the trans-community and the commentary of the individuals within. This is a project I owned from the planning phase through the design and development phase and it is now in the content management phase. Still in its infancy, I believe I’ve created a foundation for lasting success. The full launch of the site is planned for mid-spring 2018.
Thirty-two teams is an evolution of an in-depth review of the season of all 32 NFL teams. Written by fans of the team on Reddit, they quickly began to outgrow their constraints, which resulted in a series of nested comments. The reviews were difficult to read and often truncated and left out of order by the Reddit layout. The curator of the series, Matthew Fries, approached me about building a site to increase usability. I am well known in the football community and love this series, so I obliged. I was tasked with designing a user-friendly site that is customizable in both its appearance and content. Accepting this challenge, I built a system that could change the entire site colors depending on the team and designed a content matrix that allowed for free-forming articles. The result is every article being a unique expression of their teams season. This series is on-going and does not have all content entered.
Arcadia was a clothing brand I started in 2007. It featured 3 lines, all designed by me. While, I’ve moved on to work on other ventures, I’m still very proud of the designs I created. Below are a few examples from this brand.
Below are select pieces from projects I’ve freelanced on.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- ECMAScript 2017